Be Careful..Tax Season is Scam Season
By Advance Accounting & Tax Services Los Angeles
- Don’t carry your Social Security card or any documents that include your Social Security number (SSN) or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number
- Don’t give a business your SSN or ITIN just because someone asks, make sure you only allow this when required
- Monitor your financial information regularly, including your credit report.
- Review your Social Security Administration earnings statement annually.
- Protect your personal computers by using firewalls and anti-spam/virus software, updating security patches and changing credentials when necessary, especially when you see failed sign in attempts notifications.
- Don’t give personal information over the phone, through the mail, or via the Internet unless you have initiated the contact.