10 Reasons to Hire A Tax
For taxpayers who are still wading through tax records and fretting about filing their income tax return, there’s hope. You don’t have to go it alone.
The National Society of Accountants (NSA) has made a Letterman-style top ten list of the reasons why people should hire a professional tax preparer:
10. It takes the hassle out of doing it yourself.
9. You don’t have to keep up with the many tax law changes or understand complicated tax law.
8. Making mistakes can be very costly.
7. Your time is worth money – add up the hours you would spend doing it yourself and calculate what that’s worth.
6. A tax program in a box cannot represent you in an audit.
5. A tax professional can answer your questions to help you make smarter tax-saving decisions.
4. A tax professional can help you plan all year and for future years.
3. A tax professional can recommend ways to save on taxes
2. It gives you peace of mind knowing that a professional is taking care of it.
And the number-one reason you should hire a tax preparer is:
1. It can save you money – if your tax preparer finds even one significant deduction or tax credit you may have missed, it can easily exceed the average $246 fee it costs to have a professional prepare your return.